Java has been famous as a programming language, and not just that; it is well known for adding various innovative features from time to time. A new release of Java programming language is Java 8 SE which was developed to overcome the drawbacks of previous Java versions while also upgrading its features.
Let’s have a quick look at the top 8 Java interview questions and answers in 2021
Question 1: What is the latest Java language?
Answer: The latest Java language, which has distinct characteristics and aids the work of programmers, is Java SE 8.
Question 2: Does Java need to be reformed or changed?
Answer: Due to specific reasons, some changes have to be made to Java, and the reasons are not far-fetched;
– To optimize CPUs used throughout the world
– To level up with the required changes made for hardware and software technologies from time to time
– To support the running of different types of applications
– To create highly scalable applications
– To use all of the programming features, which are a component part of the recent Java SE 8.
Question 3: What are the popular latest features of Java SE 8?
Answer: Some of the latest features include;
– Functional interfaces
– Collections API Enhancements
– Lambda Expressions
– Stream API and more
Question 4: Why is Java SE 8 superior to others?
Answer: Java SE 8 is superior to others because of some of the features it possesses; some of which includes;
– Better performance applications
– Improved readability and concise codes
– Writes parallel codes
– Allows the use of more useable codes
– Supports database writing
Question 5: What is a Lambda Expression in Java SE 8?
Answer: Lambda Expression is an anonymous function that helps to accept various sets of inputs while also providing a variety of outcomes.
Question 6: What is the Functional Interface?
Answer: Functional interface is an interface that carries only one abstract method. It can be defined using Java SE 8 @Functionalinterface annotation to mark an interface as a functional interface.
Question 7: What are the guidelines needed to be followed in Functional interface?
Answer: They include;
– Definition of the interface should be by only one abstract method
– Not greater than one abstract can be defined
– Any method could be used to define a number
– Make use of @Functionalinterface annotation while defining the interface
– The override of the Java.lang.object class’ method is not considered as an abstract method.
Question 8: Relationship between Lambda Expressions and Functional Interface?
Answer: The usage of Lambda means that we are utilizing a Functional interface. So, they are both related. Lambda Expressions form a part of the Functional interface, a more prominent platform carrying several other features and expressions.
Question 9: What is a Spliterator in Java SE 8?
Answer: It is one of the latest iterator interface produced by Oracle Corporation as part of Java SE 8.
Question 10: What is the usefulness of Optional in Java SE 8?
Answer: It is used to represent optional values whether they exist or not. It doesn’t support too many null checks. Furthermore, it helps to develop cleaner Java APIs.