Companies that want to develop must be selective about the candidates they attract, screen, interview, and hire. Because so many firms have utilized Java throughout the world for so long, far too many candidates put Java as a talent on their résumé. An efficient recruiting procedure is required to find the best Java developers for your firm.
A good Java developer possesses the following technical abilities:
- Fundamentals of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of J2EE and JVM is required.
- Capability to write code that is clear, legible, and optimized
- Capability to troubleshoot faults and bugs
- Hands-on query handling experience
What should you know about Java as an IT recruiter?
Knowledge of Java frameworks and libraries in the Java ecosystem is potentially as crucial as programming language knowledge, if not more so. Most worldwide banks, for example, require Java engineers to have expertise with Java, Spring and Hibernate. They also place a high value on a thorough grasp of multi-threading and design patterns.
Java 10 is the Java SE 10 platform’s open-source reference implementation. Because Java is regularly updated, your candidate may not be the ideal fit for the post if they worked on it 5 years ago. A candidate who worked on the Java version published in 2008 may not be qualified to work on Java in 2021.
Java is not taught in universities. While traditional computer science education can help you create a solid foundation of principles, it is not the same as having hands-on Java coding expertise. The candidate’s efforts (commercial or personal) are far more essential than where they went to school.
What is the attractiveness of Java?
Here are some of Java’s main advantages:
Java works on any platform. From mainframe data centers to smartphones, the language is interoperable with all systems and devices. Its compiled code, known as bytecode, may execute on practically any platform without the need for recompilation.
- Java is an object-oriented language. It allows you to create modular applications and reuse code.
- The language is simple to understand, write, build, and debug, making it suitable for novices.
- Java is the ground language for the Android operating system.
- Java, being a mature programming language, is more reliable and predictable than other programming languages.
- Java has a strong, active user community and assistance accessible due to its global popularity.
- Java’s advanced development tools, such as Eclipse SDK and NetBeans, provide an integrated programming environment and debugging support.
What is the difference between Java SE and Java EE?
Java SE is an abbreviation for Java Standard Edition. It is used for code development and deployment on the desktop environment.
Java EE is an abbreviation for Java Enterprise Edition, which is built on top of Java SE. Java EE includes an API as well as a runtime environment for designing and operating large-scale applications.
Is a Java certification an indicator of skill?
The official Oracle Java certification validates Java competence in developers. The certification indicates that the applicant possesses a foundational set of abilities that would allow them to build Java applications. The certification is divided into two levels.
The Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) certification is the entry-level certification. It assesses a fundamental mastery of Java and programming fundamentals. It covers the fundamentals of the language (data types, variables, arrays, classes, loops, methods, and exceptions) as well as a few additional subjects.
Oracle Certified Professional (OCP): This certification requires advanced knowledge and Java abilities. The questions include more sophisticated subjects such as design patterns, I/O, multi-threading, concurrency, JDBC, and so on. This certification normally requires at least some hands-on Java experience.